Facts and Figures
UF's Physical Plant Division (PPD) is dedicated to maintaining an environment that is conducive to learning, teaching, and research for the University community.
A staff of 900+ PPD employees provides service to over 403 buildings, a total of almost 11.5 million square feet of space. UF's main campus consists of 2,000 acres connected by more than 12 miles of roads. Our technicians respond to approximately 5,000 work requests a month, including an extensive preventative maintenance program. We consider the University's nearly 50,000 students and nearly 12,000 staff to be our customers and we strive to provide them with the best service we can.
Our services include:
- Custodial Services
- Routine Repairs and Preventive Maintenance
- Heating and Air Conditioning Repairs
- Key shop and Locksmith Services
- Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance, except Athletic and Research Fields
- Maintenance of Campus Roads, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- Refuse Collection and Recycling
- Operate and Maintain Utility Systems and Infrastructure for campus
- Automotive Repair and Fuel Facilities
- Equipment Loan for Special Events
- Energy Audits and Energy Conservation Programs
- Issue "Dig Permits" to prevent damage to Underground Utilities
- Central Warehouse for Parts and Supplies
We believe the costs of our services are competitive with similar services elsewhere.