Plaza of the Americas Plaza of the Americas

 

The campus green was the focal point of the early campus plans and envisioned as the entrance to the University. In 1925 the University invited landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. to prepare plans to improve the landscape of the quadrangle. In 1931, the space was designated Plaza of the Americas at the first meeting of the Institute of Inter-American Affairs; 21 trees were planted on the Plaza and students presented the flags of the 21 attending nations.

 

Plaza of the Americas view from South

 

 

Plaza of the Americas

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Primary Navigation

<< UF Historic Campus Home

 


University of Florida
Preservation Document Links

 

 

 





 

 

 


University of Florida
Historic Preservation Links

 

 

 








 

 

 


State and National Preservation Links